Thursday, April 30, 2009

Derby Dreams

Guess where I’m going this Saturday? A few hints . . . thoroughbred horses, the Churchill Downs, a two minute run, Louisville . . . .

Yes, you’ve got it! The Kentucky Derby . . . party. No, I won’t be at the actual race, but I am attending my first derby party, complete with extravagant hat and (I hope) mint juleps.

Speaking of mint juleps, here’s a suggestion for Derby attendees and partygoers who want to replace (or space out) their drinks. Mint herbal tea (like Chai, Baby!’s Energy Blend) over ice is a wonderful – and stylish! – beverage for the Derby or your derby party. Simply prepare your tea as usual -- remember not to over-steep – and pour over ice into a tall, cool glass. Ooooh, I can taste it now.

Enjoy the race, everyone! And though it’s my dream to get myself and my fabulous hat to the Derby one day, I’m happy to report that Chai, Baby! has gotten there already. Chai, Baby!’s Energy Blend was selected for inclusion in the Kentucky Derby’s VIP gift bags!

5 comments:

Rae Ann said...

How fun! I was in "My Fair Lady" in high school and the costumes for the derby were THE most fun. I would love an excuse to make an elaborate hat... Maybe I need to host a Derby party next year!

I'm following you from the MBC Under 100 Club. I'm looking forward to reading more!

Deb said...

Love that idea about replacing/spacing out the drinks! Have fun at the party!

Dropping in from the MBC!

Chai Baby said...

Hi, Rae Ann -- I love that scene, too! Wish I could pull off a hat like Audrey Hepburn in the movie!

Glad you're following the blog, and I'll let you know how the Derby party goes -- I'm really looking forward to it!
-Chai, Baby!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Follow Me Club 1. Great blog.

Cascia Talbert said...

I hope you had fun at the race!