Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fill in that gap, baby!

The trouble with having a techie husband is that I have tended to leave all technology-related matters to him. (I know, shame on me.) This created quite a serious knowledge gap for me, especially when I began building an Internet-based business.


I am continually amazed by the rapidity with which technology originates, develops and becomes integrated in everyday life. I’m sure you are, too. Maybe because I’m out of school (way out, I admit), it seems to take me longer and longer to see and understand what tools are available to me. Believe it or not, this is not always a disadvantage. Often, by the time I get on board, the basic technology has already improved a lot.


A couple of years ago, my young, hip cousin had to tell me what a blog was. Now, though, the leaps and bounds in blog technology have helped me have my own blog. A couple of years ago, building a website on my own would have been laughably impossible. Now, though, I have so many tools available to build and maintain a website with relatively little guidance.


In short, I am slowly and painstakingly trying to fill in my knowledge gap, but each “Oh, now I get it!” makes it worth it.


So, what’s your knowledge gap, baby? Well, start filling it in. I guarantee that taking even a few steps will be gratifying and helpful. And you will surprise yourself with what you can absorb and integrate into your life and business.

Copyright 2007, East West Blends, LLC, All Rights Reserved

No comments: