Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Get out there, baby!

I joined a women’s networking organization recently and with quite a bit of trepidation. My career path has been largely dominated by men, and I didn’t know what to expect from an exclusively women’s network.


Wow. It was a surprise on many levels. At every turn there was enthusiasm for my foray into a new business. Business cards and potential connections and new ideas were pressed upon me. These women really wanted to see me succeed.


Of course, everyone was also there to promote businesses and find new clients. The overarching theme, though, was strengthening connections between businesswomen for everyone’s betterment.


I certainly can’t promise that all networks operate similarly, given that I’m only a part of only one (and only recently so). I do know that some of my best connections and ideas have come from those meetings. I highly recommend searching for the right network for you, especially you new entrepreneurs. Get out there, baby!

No comments: