Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Power of the purse

Is it just me? Does it seem that every other article about new women entrepreneurs describes some lucky lady making millions by selling purses she made in her basement? Apparently, purses are the gateway to fame and fortune. Who knew?


I’m not sure that it’s a path everyone can take, but I think it means something important for women. It means a business can arise naturally from a lifestyle. Love and passion can result in financial stability. Most importantly, it means women don’t have to fit themselves into a traditional business environment or position.


I am learning that entrepreneurship provides many answers and solves many problems. Despite financial pressures, it can provide personal independence, a creative outlet, and tremendous work-life flexibility.


Yes, there are long hours and a need to wear a thousand different hats, but it’s certainly been the best decision of my life.

No comments: