Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is this July or October?

I don't know about you, but we've been having truly bizarre weather this July. Cold, dank, wet, rainy -- in a city that usually tops 90 degrees by June.

Well, this morning, I decided not to let the weather get me down. I took a cup of jasmine & rose tea outside and sat down on the front step, with a towel under me. At first my mind wouldn't let go, but eventually it yielded to the aromatic jasmine buds and thoughts of tropical warmth, color and sunshine. Ahhhhhhhhh!

It just goes to show -- summer is definitely a state of mind.

Happy sipping!
-Chai, Baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Chai,
I took a taxi this morning. The driver, an immigrant from the Ukraine, said this is the first summer he can remember since he arrived in NYC that he can't swim in the ocean. He said the ocean is still very cold and today is July 25th.
I met a man from London the other day. He said it's been "frightfully hot and humid" in London this summer, much hotter than normal. Perhaps the weather folks upstairs are bit tipsy and forgot their geography.
Personally, I hope it gets warmer before it gets colder although I drink hot tea no matter the weather. I'm drinking some lovely ceylon tea as I write this.
Ellen
NYC tea lover

Chai Baby said...

It's great to hear from you -- clearly, it's strange all over. Hope those people upstairs get it together soon!

At any rate, I definitely agree that hot tea works year round. I'm with you, NYC!!